If you wanna add more computers, laptops or other networking devices to your existing home WiFi network but have no ports available, then consider adding a second WiFi router.
As a matter of fact, your main router is the most important element to configure a Netgear range extender via mywifiext.
Collect Some Pieces of Equipments
- Place both the routers within reach of each other.
- Grab a computer or laptop to set up your device. For this, you would acquire to have an Ethernet cable handy with you.
- Connect one router with another to extend the internet range.
- Please keep a set of Ethernet cable (additional) handy with you for your devices.
- Make sure that you have enough power supply. Avoid doing the setup process in high-voltage and fluctuation.
- Also, make sure that your existing WiFi router is up-to-date.
- Place your devices closer to the existing modem.
Setup your First Router
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the WAN port of the first router to the Internet port of the existing modem.
- After that, connect an Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the first router and second end of the cable to the computer’s/ laptop’s Ethernet port.
- Power on the router and your modem. Wait for a few moments for them to boot up.
- Open a web browser. Type in the IP address of your first router into the address bar field.
- Type in the default login credentials and hit enter.
Note: If you cannot connect to your Netgear router, then reset your device once. For this, you have to grab a paper clip or any thin object and insert it into the reset hole of your device. When you see that the LED lights on your Netgear router have started blinking, release the button.
If you can’t connect your both the router with each other, remember you will cannot open mywifiext.net to configure a Netgear range extender to the home WiFi network.
Set Up your Second Router
- Plug in your second router into an electrical outlet. Turn it on.
- Connect your second router with the computer/ laptop via Ethernet cable.
- Open an internet browser and type routerlogin.net into the address bar.
- Connect your first router with the second one through an Ethernet cable.
- Navigate to the router login page by entering default username and password into the required fields.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device.
Note: For optimal performance, download the Netgear Genie app.
What would be the Alternative to a Second Home WiFi Router?
Well, instead of adding a second router to an existing WiFi network, consider adding a Netgear range extender.
Range extenders by Netgear are very helpful in extending the internet range to far corners of the house. Not only this, they are also very helpful in eliminating dead zones and blind spots.
Mywifiext.net is the web address that will be used to set up your Netgear WiFi range extender.
For its setup process, you just acquire to have:
An up-to-date WiFi router to connect your range extender with it.
A computer or a laptop to access mywifiext.net setup page.
A set of Ethernet cable.
Place your router and the range extender closer to each other.
Grab a computer and launch a web browser into it.
Type www.mywifiext.net into the address bar field. If the web URL doesn’t work, use 192.168.1.250 instead.
It will redirect you to Netgear genie setup page.
Here, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device.
For more troubleshooting tips to set up your device, dial a toll-free number 1-877-425-5462.