Netgear Extender Setup
NETGEAR WiFi extender keeps all your smart devices like phones, tablets, computers, laptops, gaming devices and others connected with high-speed internet connection. Just complete Netgear extender setup to remove dead zones and access WiFi range in every corner of home or office. Dead zones are the areas in your house or workplace where you get no or poor WiFi connectivity. These zones are also known as blind spots.
Your WiFi network can be blocked or interfered by barriers e.g. concrete walls, metallic objects, electronic appliances etc. thereby producing dead spots. These dead zones are generally the faraway places from your wireless router. Only a WiFi range expander can give you high speed of internet and widen the range of WiFi network. The wireless Range Extenders are also known as wireless repeaters, expanders or boosters.
New Netgear Extender Setup – Manual Steps
www.mywifiext.net is a local webpage provided by NETGEAR. It allows users to perform NETGEAR extender setup without facing any difficulty. All you have to do is simply log in to this web address by entering username and password and then click on new extender setup button. Once done, you will be taken to NETGEAR Genie setup page to set up and install your WiFi range extender.
But at times, when users enter this web address in a web browser, they usually see an error message which says ‘the site can’t be reached’.
In order to access this default web page without any issue, make a wired or wireless connection between your extender and existing network. If this doesn’t fix your login issue, call technical support team at toll-free number 1-877-425-5462.
Common issues faced by users during NETGEAR WiFi Extender Setup
- Unable to set up a new Netgear extender
- Default IP address of router is not accessible
- Lost or forget wireless router password
- Netgear extender setup is not working on Mac device
- 192.168.1.250 takes too long to respond
- Unable to update the firmware
- Shows incorrect password again and again after entering the correct one
Fix all such issues by calling WiFi extender setup experts at 1-877-425-5462.
Benefits of Netgear Extender Setup
Netgear Extender setup is not only used to widen weak WiFi signals but also offers a number of benefits. Once you are done with the setup using www.mywifiext.net, you can enjoy multiple benefits like:
- Amplified WiFi range and coverage beyond the walls of your house or office
- Fast internet speed
- No third-party interferences in your network
- Complete network security
- Streaming of movies and music without buffering
- High-speed WiFi connection in dead zones or blind spots
- No WiFi signal breakage
- Play online games, download applications and shop online even if you are sitting in backyard
And a lot more.
Different methods used for New NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender Setup
Whether you are using NETGEAR EX6100 AC750 or WN2000RPT N300, there are two methods for Netgear extender setup: Manual method and WPS method.
1. Manual configuration
Follow the steps below to manually configure your NETGEAR range extender:
- Plug your extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Now, you will see a new WiFi network on your computer.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Enter default IP address of your router in the address bar.
- You will be redirected to the extender setup webpage.
- The page will ask for username and password.
- Once you entered login details, you will be taken to Genie Smart Setup page.
- Before proceeding with the next steps, create a NETGEAR account and register your extender to get a warranty offer by calling NETGEAR Support team at 1-877-425-5462.
- Once done, you need to select a network you want to connect.
- The next screen requires you to put in WiFi password.
- Now, it will ask you to connect any device with the network.
You can now enjoy the extended WiFi range in every corner of house and workplace.
2. WPS Method
WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup. This method is the easiest one to set up and configure your NETGEAR WiFi range extender. Here are the do-follow steps:
- Plug the extender into a wall socket.
- Press WPS button on extender.
And that’s it. You’re all set with the setup. However, it is recommended to access mywifiext.net to see whether your extender is in working mode or not. In spite of the fact that the WPS process is very simple, the only limitation of this method is that it is not that much secure. So users should make use of a firewall security to keep intruders away from their network. You should know how to get a firewall; but if not then don’t worry. Simply dial toll-free number 1-877-425-5462 and get a firewall protection for your network.