Netgear EX6150 (AC1200) WiFi range extender is that kind of device in today’s modern world of technology that can ensure you that your existing wireless network reaches every corner of your house.
In this post, you’ll find that Netgear EX6150 (AC1200) WiFi range extender has the sole goal of enhancing your existing WiFi network.
In addition, it also ensures that all your devices (wired and wireless) can connect to the internet safely and securely, no matter how far away they are placed from your main WiFi router.
As a matter of fact, the best WiFi range extender can help if you find your networking devices that are suffering from slow and sluggish internet connections. They are very helpful in providing continuous internet connections in poor connectivity areas also.
Range extenders by Netgear work by placing them in those areas where the WiFi connectivity starts to break down and such areas are known by the name of “dead zones”.
Netgear EX6150 range extender connects to the original WiFi network – the extend the existing signal range so that you have uninterrupted wireless coverage.
Netgear Extender Setup: Netgear EX6150 (AC1200)
Installation and configuration of a Netgear WiFi range extender using browser setup:
- Plug Netgear EX6150 (AC1200) WiFi range extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the LED light on your device become solid green.
- Next, make use of a WiFi client (computer or a laptop) and connect to the extender WiFi network.
Important Note: You can also use a wired computer to configure your device. Simply connect your range extender to the desktop with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- As soon as the wireless client is connected securely to the Netgear extender network, the power LED light on your Netgear EX6150 (AC1200) will turn on.
- Now, open up an internet browser and navigate to mywifiext.net.
- Tap Enter on your keyboard.
- Provide the default login credentials to the displayed page of Netgear Genie setup page.
- Click on the New Extender Setup option.
- Carefully complete the extender setup screen.
- Once done, click on Next.
- Select the WiFi Range Extender option.
- Choose a network whose range you wish to extend and once you are done with the selection part, tap on the Next option.
- Now, type the wireless passphrase (security key) > click on the Next option > type your preferred network name (SSID) along with the security settings and hit on Next.
What after that?
Now connect your wireless device to the Netgear WiFi extender and tap on Continue.
Congratulations! You’re done with the configuration part.
Oops! Cannot Open mywifiext.net? Try this out.
- Use 192.168.1.250 (default IP address of your Netgear device) instead of mywifiext or mywifiext.net.
- Use a relevant and load-free web browser to access mywifiext.net login page.
- Ensure that there aren’t any typos in typing the Web Url as well as the default IP address.
- Make sure that your existing WiFi router and Netgear range extender are placed openly at a higher place.
- If all the aforementioned steps don’t work, then shut down your PC – restart it after a short while and mywifiext.net setup and login page with a different web browser.
Still mywifiext.net not working? Then the only solution to get rid of this issue permanently is to call our technical department on toll-free number 1-877-425-5462 right away.