Dead zones and blind spots in your house or office can be annoying. Netgear AC750 (EX3700) wireless range extender is the best source to get the ultimate WiFi range in poor connectivity areas.
As a matter of fact, getting into the conference room and finding that known or unknown people can’t connect to our WiFi network – or that spot in our galley or kitchen when we need to connect to display an online video on how to cook the best Cheese Burst Pizza.
Despite the fact, the only solution would be to know just where the best places in our office or home are for best internet connection, and which are the worst one so that we can find the best place to expand our existing WiFi reach of the internet with a Netgear AC750 extender.
Else, we’ll be just placing our Netgear AC750 (EX3700) in random places and hoping that it works properly for the network and WiFi-enabled devices.
Now, let us take a glance to configure Netgear AC750 (EX3700) wireless range extender.
Well, the process of Netgear extender setup is quite simple. You just have to follow some below-given steps to get the job done.
Installation of Netgear AC750 Range Extender
Well, there are two methods to do so.
One is via WPS and second is through web browser setup.
You can use any one of the mentioned methods to set up your Netgear AC750 (EX3700) range extender.
Configure your Netgear smart WiFi range extender through WPS process:
- On your range extender, press and hold the WPS button for about a couple of minutes or until the LED lights on your device start blinking.
- After a few minutes, push the same button on your main WiFi router as well.
- If 5 GHz band is supported by your main WiFi router, then you have to repeat the 1 and 2 step in order to connect your Netgear AC750 to the 5 GHz band.
And that’s it. In this simple easy to execute way, you can configure your range extender using WPS method.
Configure your Netgear smart WiFi range extender through Web browser setup:
- Connect your computer/ laptop to the Netgear wireless range extender. You can simply do so via Ethernet cable.
- On your connected device, open up a web browser and into the URL bar field, you have to type mywifiext.net web address.
- In case you cannot open mywifiext.net, then you can type mywifiext or www.mywifiext.net.
- If Mywifiext.net not working still, then you can use the default IP address of your range extender i.e. 192.168.1.250.
When mywifiext.net setup page displays, you are supposed to do the following things:
- Click on ‘new extender setup’.
- Fill the fields on ‘create account screen’.
- Click on next.
- Select your region or country.
- Again hit on next.
- And click on ‘WiFi range extender’.
When your range extender scans for the available and active WiFi networks, you are supposed to do the following things:
- Select the name of a WiFi whose range you wish to extend.
- Once you have selected your preferred network, click on next.
- Type in your network password in passphrase field.
- Set a unique SSID along with security key for your Netgear AC750.
- Click on next once done.
Now, a message has been displayed confirming that your Netgear AC750 (EX3700) is successfully connected. You can click on the next option.
Also, note down that when the registration screen displays, you don’t have to ignore that.
Yes, you have to register your Netgear device by completing all the registration fields carefully.
Note: If you skip the registration process, you won’t be able to get mywifiext.net setup success.
Now, you can unplug your range extender and place it accordingly.
Fab! Your device has been configured successfully using the web browser setup.
For more instructions, visit Netgear genie setup page or make a call on toll-free number 1-877-425-5462.