A Netgear range extender is also known as ‘wireless repeater’.
Wireless Repeater are very helpful in extending the existing WiFi signals coming out of the main networking router. As a matter of fact, in today’s modern era, home and bussiness users make use of a Netgear wireless repeater to increase the internet range of their existing home WiFi networks, improving the signal strength and enabling internet devices outside the range of your router.
Mywifiext is the web address (default) used for Netgear extender setup process.
- Connect your main WiFi router to the computer or laptop.
- Pull up a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 (default IP address of your existing router) into its address bar and hit Enter.
- Now, on the displayed page, type username and password (default) and tap on OK to log in.
- Under the Setup option, tap on Wireless Settings and type in the SSID (network name) of your main WiFi router.
- After that, under Security option, select WEP and type the network password (security key) into the required fields.
- Once done, click on Apply.
- Next, under Advanced option, tap on Wireless Repeating Function and enter the MAC (Media Access Control) address of your main WiFi device.
- Disconnect your existing WiFi router and the computer/ laptop with each other. After a few minutes, connect your computer/ laptop with your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Make sure that your router and the range extender are placed far away from the existing modem.
- Access the mywifiext.net login page by typing mywifiext.net into the URL bar of a web browser. This process is meant for connecting your range extender with the client device.
If you cannot open mywifiext.net, then ask us to resolve the issue for you. Just dial 1-877-425-5462 (toll-free).
- Now, what you are going to do is to tap on the Router Status option and write down the IP address (default) found under LAN (local area network) Port.
- As soon as the Netgear Genie setup page displays, please tap on the Wireless Repeating function.
- After that, from the available options you are supposed to enable the Wireless Repeating function and after that, select Wireless Repeater.
- Type the default IP address of the Netgear WiFi router and deselect the “Disable Wireless Client Association” option.
- Now type the ‘MAC ‘address of your main WiFi router and tap on Apply. This will turn your main Netgear WiFi router into a Netgear wireless repeater.
- Disconnect all the connected wires and visit Wireless Repeating function page. Once done, enable the Wireless Repeater function.
A Final Step
- Select the Wireless Base Station option.
- But remember, you don’t have to select the Disable Wireless Client Association option.
- Type the MAC address of your Netgear wireless repeater into the asked field.
- Click on Apply and save the settings.
To get mywifiext.net setup success, make sure that your router and the range extender and placed within reach of each other. On the other hand, your client device (computer or laptop) must be connected with range extender via Ethernet cable.
In addition, to fix mywifiext.net not working issues, make sure that you are using the latest version of router’s firmware.
If you wanna extend the reach of your existing WiFi network, then place your router openly in an airy room. Moreover, router and the range extender must be placed far away from microwave, refrigerator, treadmill, mixer grinder, baby monitors, concrete walls, fish tanks, electronic toys and devices, metal appliances and gadgets, etc.
For more assistance, you are more than a welcome to ask us for “Netgear support”.